9475396063 (M); 0353-2776342 (O)
||Department of Geography and Applied Geography, University of North Bengal, P.O.- NBU, Dist- Darjeeling, West Bengal, Pin -734013, India.
Subject Specialization: Urban Geography, Population Geography
Areas of Research Interest: Urban Geography, Population Geography
No. of Ph.D. students: (a) Supervised: Nil (b) Ongoing: 04 .
No. of M.Phil. students: (a) Supervised: Nil (b) Ongoing: Nil .
No. of Publications: 12
Achievement & Awards:
Research Projects Completed:
UGC SAP DRS-I programme on Geo-hazards in Sub-Himalayan North Bengal, 2009-2014.
Preparation of contour map for drainage management in English bazar municipality, Malda, Sponsored by Malda municipality, Malda, Govt. of West Bengal, Memo No. 2375/IV-2/11-12, dt. 07.02.2012
Selective List of Publications:
- Multi Hazard Risk Assessment of Urban Areas Using Geospatial Technology, in Application of Geospatial Technology for Sustainable development, (ed. D. K. Mandal) ISBN 978-81-921692-7-9, 2015, 266-269.
- Risk perception and attitudes towards mitigation – A case study of Tindharia (co author, Rumpa Pramanik), in SAP-DRS Monograph IV: Living with Hazards (ed. S. Sarkar), ISBN 978-81-921692-6-2, 2013.
- Temporal Analysis of braid formation in the lower Balason valley, in Monograph III, Mapping Hazards and Disasters (ed. S, Sarkar), ISBN 978-81-921692-3-1, 2012, 104-112.
- Environment Impact assessment of the Balason Basin, Darjeeling, in Monograph II, Disaster Perception and Mitigation, (ed. S. Sarkar), ISBN 978-81-921692-1-7, 2011, 141-151.
- Occurrences of landslides in the Balason Basin with special reference to Mirik landslide, in Monograph 1, Geo-Hazards in sub-Himalayan West Bengal, (ed. S. Sarkar), 2010, 62-69.
- Water Crisis and the Emerging Role of Water Vendors In Darjeeling Municipality, West Bengal, Geographical Thoughts, Volume XIII, ISSN 2229-466X, 2015, 42-54.
- Inequalities in Literacy: An inter-block study of Jalpaiguri Sadar and Mal sub-division of Jalpaiguri district (co author, Rituparna Das) Geographical Thoughts Volume XII, ISSN 2229-466X, 2014, 90-95.
- An empirical study of the changes in spatial distribution and density of population in Darjeeling Municipality, West Bengal, Geographical Thoughts Volume XI, ISSN 2229-466X, 2013, 30-37.
- Regional Study of Geo-environmental aspects: A study of Balason basin, Darjeeling district, West Bengal, Journal of Geo-environment Observer, 24-36.
- A comparative assessment of demographic attributes during 2001 and 2011 census for North Bengal districts, Geographical Thoughts Volume X, ISSN 2229-466X, 2012, 57-64.
- A geomorphological study of the Bungkulung debris fan, Geographical Thoughts Volume IX, ISSN 2229-466X, 2011, 43-48.
- Evolutionary process and development of landform in the lower Darjeeling hills – A case study of Balason basin, Darjeeling, Geographical Thoughts, Volume VIII, 2010, 50-54.