Department of Chemistry
+91- 947444 1468
Subject Specialization: Organic Chemistry
Areas of Research Interest: Natural product chemistry, Organic Synthesis and Synthetic Methodology, Polymer Chemistry and Lube oil additives.
No. of Ph.D. students: (a) Supervised: 20 (b) Ongoing: 08.
No. of M.Phil. students: (a) Supervised: 01 (b) Ongoing: Nil .
No. of Publications: 240 (a) Journal(s): 00 ( b) Book(s): 00 (c) Book chapter(s): 00
Achievement & Awards:
Administrative Experiences (Performed the following administrative duties):
Selective List of Publications(Last Five Years):
1. P.Ghosh, A.V.Pantar, N.M. Desai, N.C. Joshi, A.S. Sarma & M.G. Banerjee, Lubrizol India Ltd., A Method of Manufacture of Polyalkylacrylate Polymer, The Gazette of India, 7 June, 2003, page 2106.
1. A Chapter titled "Vegetable Oils as additive in the formulation of eco-friendly lubricant", G Karmakar and P Ghosh in a Book titled "Environmentally Friendly and Biobased Lubricants” (Ed. B. K Sharma and Girma Biresawr), Print Book ISBN: 9781482232028, Cat # K22834. August 17, 2016 by CRC Press.
2. A Chapter titled "Recent Approaches toward Solid Phase Synthesis of b–Lactams", B. Mandal, P. Ghosh and B.Basu in a Book titled " Topics in Heterocyclic Chemistrys" 2010, 22, 261–311, ISBN: 978–3–642–12844 (Springer).
3. A Chapter titled "Greener additives for lubricating oil", Mahua Upadhyay and Pranab Ghosh in a Book titled”“Green Technologies for Environmental Security”, 2016. (in press) Publisher “Lenin Media Delhi Pvt. Ltd. Delhi”Editor: Dr. Bina Rani, Dr. Upma Singh, Murtaza Abid, Dr. M.M. Abid Ali Khan, Dr. Sabiha Kazmi and Dr. Raaz K. Maheshwari".
1. FeCl3-silica:: A Green Approach for the Synthesis of Nitriles From Oximes, P. Ghosh, G. C. Pariyar, B. Saha, and R. Subba, Synthetic Communication, 2016, 46(8), 685.
2. Cyclic ammonium salts of dithiocarbamic acid: stable alternative reagents for the synthesis of S -alkyl carbodithioates from organyl thiocyanates in water, Kinkar Biswas, Sujit Ghosh, Pranab Ghosh and Basudeb Basu, J. Sulfur Chemistry, 2016, 37(4), 361.
3. Fe3O4-nanoparticles catalyzed an efficient synthesis of nitriles from aldehydes, Pranab Ghosh, Bittu Saha, Gyan Chandra Pariyar, Abiral Tamang, Raju Subba, Tett. Lett., 2016, 57, 3618.
4. Oxysterols: Synthesis and anti-leishmanial activities, P. Ghosh, A. Ghosh , A. Mandal, S. S. Sultana, S. Dey and C. Pal, Steroids, 2016, 107, 65.
5. Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization of Soybean Oil and Its Evaluation as a Biodegradable Multifunctional Additive in the Formulation of Eco-Friendly Lubricant, G. Karmakar and P.Ghosh, ACS Sus. Chem. Eng, 2016, 4(3), 775.
6. Isodecyl acrylate - olive oil copolymers as potential biodegradable additive for lubricating oil, M. Upadhyay and P. Ghosh, J Poly Res., 2016, 23, 100.
7. 3-epihydroxy lup-20(29)-en-19(28)-olide: Partial synthesis, antitopoisomerase activity and 3D molecular docking, A. Mandal, A. Ghosh, S.Ghosh, A. K. Bothra and P. Ghosh, Med. Chem. Res., 2016, 25, 1087.
8. Biodegradable multifunctional additives for lube oil – Synthesis and characterization, Mahua Upadhyay, Kaushik Dey and Pranab Ghosh, Pet. Sci. Tech.,2016, 34(14), 1255.
9. Biocompatible multifunctional lubricating oil additives, P.Ghosh, M Das, Pet. Sci. Tech.,2016, 34(15), 1367.
10. Multifunctional additive performance of acrylate-styrene copolymers, P. Ghosh*, S. Talukder, M. Upadhyay and T. Das, J. Sci. Ind. Res., 2016, 75, 420.
11. Graphene oxide (GO) or reduced graphene oxide (rGO): efficient catalysts for one-pot metal-free synthesis of quinoxalines from 2-nitroaniline Babli Roy, Sujit Ghosh, Pranab Ghosh, Basudeb Basu, Tett. Lett., 2015, 56(48),6762.
12. Anti-diabetic Effect of FriedelanTriterpenoids in Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Rat, A. Mandal, V. Das, P. Ghosh and S. Ghosh, Nat. Pdt. Res. Com., 2015, 10, 1683.
13. MgCl2.6H2O catalyzed highly efficient synthesis of 2-substituted-1Hbenzimidazoles, P. Ghosh and R. Subba, Tett. Lett., 2015, 56, 2691.
14. Soybean Oil as a Biocompatible Multifunctional Additive for Lubricating Oil, G. Karmakar and P.Ghosh, ACS Sus. Chem. Eng, 2015, 3, 19.
15. Acrylate Terpolymers as Potential Pour Point Depressant and Viscosity Modifiers for Lube Oil, P. Ghosh and D. K. Saha, Pet. Sci. Tech., 2015, 33, 1126.
16. Homo- and Copolymers of Decyl Methacrylate as Performance Additives for Lube Oil, P. Ghosh, M. Hoque and D. Nandi, Pet. Sci. Tech., 2015, 00,1. DOI: 10.1080/10916466.2015.1034364.
17. Synthesis and performance evaluation of maleic anhydride based polymeric additives for Lubricating Oil, M. Hoque and P. Ghosh, Res. J. Chem. Environ, 2015, 29.
18. Synthesis and Performance Evaluation of Vinyl Acetate-Maleic Anhydride Based Polymeric Additives for Lubricating Oil P. Ghosh and M. Hoque, Pet. Sci. Tech., 2015, 33, 1182.
19. Shear stability and anti wear properties of three different viscosity modifiers for lube oil, M. Upadhyay, P. Ghosh, J. Sci. Ind. Res., 2015, 74, 567.
20. Multifunctional additive performance of acrylate-styrene copolymers, P. Ghosh*, S. Talukder, M. Upadhyay and T. Das, J. Sci. Ind. Res., 2016,75, 420
21. QSAR Study and Molecular Docking of 23‐hydroxybetulinic Acid, Derivatives as RMGPa and HeLa Cells Inhibitors, B. Bagchi, S. Sharma, A. Chatterjee, P. Ghosh, and A. K. Bothra, 2015, 3, 75.
22. Graphene oxide (GO) or reduced graphene oxide (rGO): efficient catalysts for one-pot metal-free synthesis of quinoxalines from 2-nitroaniline, B. Roy, S. Ghosh, P. Ghosh and B. Basu, Tetrahedron Lett., 2015, 56, 6762.
23. Viscometric and Wear Performance of methacrylate based Lubricants (In Press), P. Ghosh and M. Upadhyay, Pet. Sci. Tech., 2014.
25. The Synthesis and Characterization of Homo Polymer of Acrylate of Mixed Alcohol and Their Performance as Additives for Lubricating Oils, P. Ghosh, G. Karmakar, and M. Das , Pet. Sci. Tech., 2014, 32, 281.
26. Evaluation of sunflower oil as a multifunctional lubricating oil, Additive, P. Ghosh and G. Karmakar, Int. Jr. Ind. Chem., 2014, 5, 7.
27. Studies on the additive performance of liquid crystal blended polyacrylate in lubricating oil, P.Ghosh, M. Upadhyay and M. K. Das, Liquid Crystals, 2014, 41, 30.
28. Liquid Crystal Blended Polyacrylate as a Potential Multifunctional Additive for Lube Oil, P. Ghosh, K. Dey and M. Upadhyay, Pet. Sci. Tech.,, 2014, 32, 2049.
29. Acrylate based homo and co-polymers as potential additives for lubricating oil, P. Ghosh and S.Talukdar, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2014, 91, 1699.
30. Studies on thermal and microwave assistedsynthesis of poly myristyl acrylate and its evaluation as viscosity modifier in lubricating oil, S. Talukdar and P. Ghosh, J. Sc. Ind. Res., 2014, 73, 656.
31. Green Additives for Lubricating Oil, P. Ghosh and G. Karmakar, ACS Sus. Chem. Eng., 2013, 1,1364.
32. Synthesis, Characterization, and Performance Evaluation of Some Multifunctional Lube Oil Additives, P. Ghosh and M. Das, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2013, 58, 510.
33. FeCl3 mediated one-pot route to nitriles, P. Ghosh and R. Subba, Tetrahedron Lett., 2013, 54, 4885.
34. γ Maghemite-silica nanocomposite: A green catalyst for diverse aromatic N-heterocycles, P. Ghosh, A. Mandal and R.Subba, Cat. Commun., 2013, 41, 146.
35. A new bioactive ursane type triterpenoid from Croton bonplandianum bail, P. Ghosh, A. Mandal and M. G. Rasul, J. Chem. Sci., 2013, 125, 2, 359.
36. Synthesis, Characterization, and Performance Evaluation of Some Multifunctional Lube Oil Additives, P. Ghosh and M. Das, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2013, 58, 510.
37. Oxidation with selenium dioxide: the first report of solvent-selective steroidal aromatization, efficient access to 4β, 7α-dihydroxy steroids, and syntheses of natural diaromaticergosterols, P. Ghosh, J. Das, A. Sarkar, S. Weng Ng, R.T. Edward Tiekink, Tetrahedron, 2012, 68, 6485.
38. Synthesis of functionalized benzimidazoles and quinoxalines catalyzed by sodium hexaﬂuorophosphate bound Amberlite resin in aqueous medium, P. Ghosh, A. Mandal, Tetrahedron Lett., 2012, 53, 6483.
39. Synthesis of friedelantriterpenoid analogs with DNA topoisomerase IIa inhibitory activity and their molecular docking studies, A. Mandal, A. Bothra, S. Ghosh and P. Ghosh, Euro. J. Med. Chem., 2012, 54, 137.
40. One-pot solid phase selective aromatization of cholesterol using N-bromosuccinimide: an optimized green methodology, P. Ghosh, J. Das and A. Sarkar, Green Chem. Lett. & Rev., 2012, 5, 173.
41. Greener approach toward one pot route to pyrazine synthesis, P. Ghosh and A. Mandal, Green Green Chem. Lett. and Rev., 2012, 5, 127.
42. Dehydrobromination and debromination of 2, 2,7α – tribromo cholest-4-en -3, 6-dione, P. Ghosh, U. Debnath and B. P. Pradhan, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2012, 89, 837.
43. Solvent free highly chemoselective N and O-acylation on silica and silica magnesium oxide: A recyclable solid surface, P. Ghosh, and A. Mandal, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2012, 89, 261.
44. Synthesis of bioactive 28-hydroxy-3-oxolup-20(29)-en-30-al with antileukemic activity, P. Ghosh and A. Mandal, J. Asian Nat. Prod. Res., 2012, 14, 141.
45. Studies on the reaction of N-bromosuccinimide in dimethyl- sulphoxide: Part X—Action on cholest-4-en-3,6-dione, B P Pradhan, U. Debnath, N. Pradhan and P. Ghosh, Ind. J. Chem., 2012, 51B, 1027.
46. Action of N-bromosuccinimide-dimethyl sulphoxide on camphor and its oxime derivative, P. Ghosh, P. Chakraborty and A. Ghosh, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2012, 89, 1591.
47. Studies on the reaction of 16-dehydropregnenolone acetate (16-DPA) with m-chloroperbenzoic acid, P. Ghosh and R. Subba, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2012, 89, 1733.
48. Synthesis and Characterization of Polymyristyl Acrylate as a Potential Additive for Lubricating Oil, P. Ghosh and G. Karmakar, Am. J. Poly. Chem., 2012, 2, 1.
49. Green and selective protocol for the synthesis of quinoxalines, P. Ghosh, and A. Mandal, Adv. in Appl. Sci. Res., 2011, 2, 255.
50. Catalytic role of sodium dodecyl sulfate: selective synthesis of 1,2-disubstituted benzimidazoles in water, P. Ghosh, and A. Mandal, Cat. Commun., 2011, 12, 744.
51. Microwave assisted one pot synthesis of pyrazine derivatives of pentacyclic triterpenoids and their biological activity, P. Ghosh, Md. G. Rasul, M. Chakraborty, A. Mandal and A.Saha, Ind. J. Chem., 2011, 50B, 1519.
52. Triterpenoids from Schleicheraoleosa of Darjeeling foothills and their antimicrobial activity, P. Ghosh, P. Chakraborty, A. Mandal Md. G. Rasul, M. Chakraborty and A.Saha, Ind. J. Pharma. Sc., 2011, 73, 231.
53. Debromination of 2-bromo-3-keto triterpenoids using N,N-dimethylaniline, P. Ghosh and P. Chakraborty, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2011, 88, 1037.
54. Synthesis and Evaluation of Acrylate Polymers in Lubricating Oil, P. Ghosh, M. Das, M. Upadhyay, T. Das, and A. Mandal, J. Chem. Eng. Data , 2011, 56, 3752.
55. Synthesis characterization and viscosity studies of homo polymer of methyl methacrylate and copolymer of methyl methacrylate and styrene, P. Ghosh, T. Das and D. Nandi, J. Sol. Chem., 2011, 40, 67.
56. Synthesis and characterization of biodegradable polymer – used as pour point depressant for lubricating oil, P. Ghosh, T. Das, D. Nandi, G. Karmakar and A. Mandal, Int. J. Polym. Mat., 2010, 59, 1008.
57. Action of lithium ethylenediamine on 1,4 – diketones, P. Ghosh and P. Chakraborty, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2010, 87, 1125.
58. Homopolymer of methyl acrylate and its copolymer with styrene: synthesis and characterization, P. Ghosh, T. Das, D. Nandi, K. Poddar and G. Karmakar, J. Polym. Mat., 2010, 27, 323.
59. Synthesis, characterization and viscosity studies of acrylate based homo polymers and co-polymers, P. Ghosh, M. Das and T. Das, Res. J. Chem. Environ., 2010, 14, 26.
60. Synthesis characterization and viscosity studies of homo polymer of methyl methacrylate and its copolymer with styrene and 1 – decene. P. Ghosh, D. Nandi and Tapan Das, J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 2010, 2, 122.
61. Triterpenoids from Psidiumguajava with biocidal activity, P. Ghosh, A. Mandal, P. Chakraborty, Md. G. Rasul, M. Chakraborty and A. Saha, Ind. J. Pharm. Sci., 2010, 72, 504.