The University Grants Commission (UGC) has given priority to the downtrodden students and staffs during IX plan period and given direction to all the universities to establish SC/ST Cell. The SC/ST Cell at the University of North Bengal specifically concentrated on the welfare of the SC/ST students and staffs. The main aim of the Cell is to monitor the guidelines issued by the MHRD, the University Grants Commission and by the government of West Bengal from time to time. The Cell ensures the effective implementation of the reservation policies in the university admissions to students in various courses of studies, accommodation in the hostels, appointments to the teaching and non-teaching posts, and allotment of quarters in the university, and maintenance of roster register in the University.The SC/ST Cell has been set up in the to ensure proper implementation of various schemes of UGC, Government of India and Govt. of West Bengal concerning scholarships, stipends etc. for welfare of reserved categories. This Cell ensures that these guidelines are strictly adhered to.
As you are aware the Govt. of India,Ministry of HRD, Dept. of Higher Education, New Delhi and UGC is continiously monitoring the Prevention of Cast based dicrimination in Higher Educational Institutions. As instructed by UGC, University of North Bengal hereby request:
- The officials/faculty members/staff of this university should desist from any act of discrimination against SC/ST officials/faculty members/staff and students on the ground of their social origin.
- The officials/faculty members/staff of this university to ensure that no official/faculty members indulge in any kind of discrimination against any community or category of students.
- The officials/faculty members/staff of this university should be more sensitive while dealing with the above such incidents of caste discrimination.
In such cases, one may lodge such complaints to the:
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES OF THE SC/ST CELL
The University of North Bengal has started the special activities so as to tune the students belonging to SC/ST.
Remedial coaching classes are conducted in the following areas;
Remedial English Coaching Class.
IAS/KAS Coaching Class.
Coaching Classes for NET/SLET.
Bank Coaching Classes.
Research Methodology Classes
The SC/ST students and Employees can approach the Coordinator of the Cell for redressal of any of their grievance(s) regarding academic, administrative or social problems. The Coordinator often meets the concerned students and staff, to understand their problem and takes necessary action and/or renders them necessary advice/help to resolve the matter.
Procedure to file a complaint:
A written complaint may be submitted to the Registrar, University of North Bengal or at the office of the SC/ST Cell located at the Administrative Building of the University. Any student and employee (including contractual, casual and temporary) of the University can approach the Cell.
- A Drop Box is available in SC/ST Cell, any student/employee belonging to SC/ST may drop his/her complaint if any.
- In writing to the Registrar, Univ. of North Bengal .
- By e-Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- By Telephone: +91-0353 2776313 (O)
Contact Details: Registrar, University of North Bengal, Raja Rammohanpur, Dist: Darjeeling, West Bengal, Pin-734013